Just a couple of weeks away from
its availability in the US, the hottest gadget Samsung Galaxy S3
exploded in a car while the motorist was driving in Dublin. Isn't
it too scary? The guy just docked it in a car mount and didn't even
plug in the charger. Here is the whole story from the owner,
"So I driving along today with
my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks
and a bang came out of the phone. I pulled in to look at my phone,
the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic
and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without
I brought it to
the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldnt
replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out
first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.
The phone was destroyed and it
slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car. And
they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off.
Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have
burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set
fire to my bed. It's very dangerous."
Not sure what impact it is going to
leave on potential buyers and of course it is going to be available
in US in a few weeks, which is known to be biggest market for smart
phones. We also have an update from Samsung on their blog,
"There have been recent online
posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY SIII that appears to
have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is
aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we
receive the specific product in question.
Once the investigation is
complete, we will be able to provide further details on the
situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the
safest products possible and are looking at this
So, let's wait and watch what
Samsung turns up with their response after looking into the device.
But that poor fellow is left with no replacement phone and not sure
how long it is going to take.